Thursday, February 13, 2014

Gotta love Canada :)

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian multinational fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. Tim Hortons franchises spread rapidly and eventually overtook McDonald's as Canada's largest food service operator with over 3,000 stores nationwide

Ah yes Timmy's as so passionately called by most Canadians ..."Sometimes you want to go Where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came." 
The place where day after day break after break thousands of people line up at a drive through and order their daily fix to satisfy their craving  for coffee or steeped tea

They serve their coffee and tea in the holy grail.....A holy grail that is not so hard to find anymore .... It's left on sidewalks, store shelves, hospital waiting rooms, elevators, bathrooms and work places .... A cup that seems to last forever ....  but I do love Timmy :)............ 

and then we have
Dollarama a chain of over 800 dollar stores across Canada. The company is headquartered in Montreal and, since 2009, is Canada's largest retailer of items for three dollars or less.
Another great place to go in Canada ..... like Timmy's' there are more stores per city block  than  Mormon churches in the state of Utah ....

People love to buy things at the "dollar store" .... You can get chargers for iPhones for a buck or two, now most chances, no lets make that all chances are they won't work with your $500.00 iPhone but what's a buck or two .... Some things are really cool and you do save money on household cleaning items and pet food ...The quality is not always the best but it wont kill  you....

Then they have their famous no return, no refund policy ... Like I said earlier what's a buck or two ....well its a lot of bucks or two to a rich and powerful company like the US owned Bain Capital who in November 2004, 80 percent of the chain was sold for 850 million US dollars
Canadians are so loyal to their Canadian companies and hate to see US companies moving in for example Target and the Dollar Tree but here is a company scamming us daily with there no refund policy and its primarily owned by an American company Bain Capital ... We are such a funny people :)
After all that serious posting let me end this with a still in theme funny story .....

I went out to the Dollarama a few weeks ago and purchased 2 plastic trays because my husband and I love to eat our dinner at the coffee table and they were nice for to carry and hold our meal on .... Anyways when I got home I discovered one of the trays was broke because the cashier had pack all my things in one bag, so now I couldn't use it ...

So I decided to take it back and exchange for another, after all it was $2.50 ... I go in the store get another tray go up to the cashier with the broken tray, my receipt and the new tray ... I told him I wanted to replace the broken tray .... He looked at me funny and said Ma'am we don't do exchanges or refunds here ... I said what, not even if its broken ....He said Well did you buy it broke :) .... by now a line had formed behind me and I was clearly getting a little pissed but I kept my cool and said ....

Yes I bought it broke ... I came into your store earlier saw the broken tray on the shelf and it stole my heart ... I couldn't stop myself from buying it and sharing my home with it ...At this point he is looking around so uncomfortable, desperately searching for his supervisor to handle what had now become a $2.50 psychotic situation but I continued  by saying and when I got home I looked at the broken tray and just couldn't see any kind of relationship or bond forming.... so here I am
Bingo a supervisor appeared and laid her hand on his shoulder and said exchange the tray  :) 

We really are such funny people .......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by.....Please come back !!!