Saturday, January 18, 2014

Glucose levels dropping

I have had such a hectic few days ..... I had an appointment with a cardiologist and my heart is fine but they are scheduling a stress test .... My blood sugar levels have been a nightmare but the best part of it all is that it is teaching me to eat healthier and more wiser .... I checked my level after dinner tonight and it was down to 8.2 mmol/l  or 147mg/dl ......


I haven't had a sweet in a couple of days but I'm doing ok and I have now begun to measure my food and count carbs  ...... I get discouraged sometimes when my reading is high but then I check out what food I eat and I'm learning about  low carb food and high carb food that peaks faster and higher

I have a great team of doctors helping me and that makes me feel so much better ...Now all I have to do is get out there and exercise ....It's so hard to commit to anything outside especially with the temps falling again but I will keep trying  .....  I'm learning when plan A fails there are 25 letters left in the alphabet :) I hope you are all doing fine and staying warm ...............

1 comment:

Thank you so much for dropping by.....Please come back !!!