Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Where Has The Time Gone

Life can't be divided into chapters...only minutes. The events of your life are all crammed together one minute right after the other without any time lapses or blank pages or chapter breaks because no matter what happens life just keeps going and moving forward and words keep flowing and truths keep spewing whether you like it or not and life never lets you pause and just catch your fu*king breath.” 
― Colleen HooverHopeless


I was sitting here today and I found myself thinking about how fast time is passing .... I looked out the window and I thought about a late December morning not that long ago or so it seemed when Michael and I pulled out of the parking lot of this very building to go to the US but what seems not that long ago was twelve years ago this December ..... 

It was a new beginning in my life and now that I look back I see all the great memories I have .... but I also see and understand now how time is the most precious thing we are given ....Some may say besides our children but time plays such a big part in that too ... Our children's  life is shaped by our perspective of time .... I think the most important lesson we can teach our children is how time can slip away and how they need to cherish every moment ....


I hear people all the time wishing a certain day or season would hurry and get here but while we are dreaming about a future time the present is slipping by so fast .......   Our world today has become so driven from one retail holiday to the next it has caught us up in the craziness of it all .... We have become so much like a business that we rush through Thanksgiving to get to Halloween (In Canada Halloween is after Thanksgiving ) Then we rush to take down all our decorations from Halloween and dive right into Xmas .... After Xmas, Valentines, then Easter and it goes on and on until another year has slipped between our fingers .....We have participated in all the preparing but didn't get to enjoy the party   


I will be 56 years old in a few months and time is suddenly speeding out of control ... Years are passing by so fast it's hard to believe ...... This pass year was really trying for Michael and I and when he lost his job we had trouble seeing a future but still time didn't stop for us to catch up and now that we know when that door closed it was because another door was about to open that would bring greater opportunities then the other it seems time is moving even faster 


I guess what I need to do is to start making the most of each day .... I need to stop being so quick to just take what life hands me and fight for what is important to making my time more meaningful and let go of things that waste my time ...... 


“Our life is made up of time. Our days are measured in hours, our pay measured by those hours, our knowledge is measured by years. [...] And yet time eventually runs out and you wonder in your heart of hearts if those seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years and decades were being spent the best way they possibly could.” 

― Cecelia Ahern

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by.....Please come back !!!