Sunday, June 16, 2013

Another Poem

I was going through some stuff today and I found a poem I wrote a while ago I hope you enjoy

 
 
Play One For Me
She watched him sitting at the piano and thought
how he still made her heart beat fast
She somehow knew from that first day
this love she felt for him would never past
His eyes closed as he played the song
his fingers touching each key so tenderly
She walked over and kissed his neck and
whispered softly baby please play one for me

 
He turned and looked up at her and
knew just what song he would play
The one that she was listening too
when he saw her that first day
As he begin to play he watched her face and
knew with her he would always be
Like he felt that day when  he saw her listening to
don't let the sun go down on me

 
They both begin to sing the song
the words touching each others soul
They were both so glad they had held on tight
and not let each other go
For they both had lived in a past
that was filled with so much darkness and pain
But because of each others love they now
lived in days of sunshine free from the past days of rain

 
His eyes closed as he played the song
his fingers touching each key so tenderly
She gently kiss his neck and whispered
Thank you baby for not letting the sun go down on me
 
©KB

 


2 comments:

Thank you so much for dropping by.....Please come back !!!