Friday, March 22, 2013

Newfoundland



Here is a poem I wrote about Newfoundland ....There are so many things I miss about the island but like the lyrics from the song Flies on the Butter "Oh, oh, it doesn't feel like it was all that long ago, you can dream about it every now and then But you can't go home again




Newfoundland
I was raised on an island in the middle of the sea
And that island will always be sweet home to me
I could never forget her or stray far from her door
The wind in the trees and the waves on the shore
 
To sit on her beaches and gaze at the stars and moon
Be awaken in the morning by the cries of the loon
A quiet walk in the woods when you needed to get away
Its there you would find strength for another new day
To watch the sun rise each morning over the sea
These memories will never ever leave me
I cannot explain how this island captures your heart
But once you have seen her beauty the love for her starts
 
The longing I feel when Im away from my home
I cannot explain it but I feel so sad and alone
So this is my way of saying Thank You Newfoundland
For letting me share the beauty created by God's Hand 

 



 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful place! Nature is generous with beauty.
    We visited Canada over 22 years ago. We went to Ontario. Here we still have lots of snow, we had snow in the last two days and it's cloudy too. Wishing you a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Ontario now and we still have snow :( We just moved back up here a year ago...We were living down in the US and it was so nice ...I have lived in Idaho, Utah, Montana, Arizona and Colorado ...Wishing you a great day also :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by.....Please come back !!!