Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dealing with Fibromyalgia



Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. Researchers believe that fibromyalgia amplifies painful sensations by affecting the way your brain processes pain signals.......


I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and everyday I live in pain sometimes its so unbearable I have thoughts of wishing I could stop the pain anyway I could.....I cry and rub whatever part of my body that is aching and throbbing with pain ....I become very depressed and just want to go off somewhere by myself and ball up in a ball and cry.....

Most of my days are getting up from whatever bed in my house I decided to toss and turn in after taking 600 mg of Gabapentin throughout  the day and maybe a Oxycontin or Tylenol 3 and a sleeping pill....I can't remember when I had a good nights sleep.......

It is taking its toll on me and wearing me down more each day ...I don't have the energy or desire to even try to make it better anymore


Symptoms sometimes begin after a physical trauma, surgery, infection or significant psychological stress. In other cases, symptoms gradually accumulate over time with no single triggering event.....
  • Genetics. Because fibromyalgia tends to run in families, there may be certain genetic mutations that may make you more susceptible to developing the disorder.
  • Infections. Some illnesses appear to trigger or aggravate fibromyalgia.
  • Physical or emotional trauma. Post-traumatic stress disorder has been linked to fibromyalgia.

  • God knows I have had physical trauma in my life and psychological stress.... I have been diagnosed with Post-traumatic stress disorder but what I don't understand is why do I have to deal with this now ......I have to get back some control over my life and the only way to do this is to get to know the enemy that is causing such havoc in my life....

    There is no magic cure for this disease ....Pain pills manage the pain but keep you in a fog most days ...Some say massages are good and maybe even acupuncture ....I am seeing my doctor on Tuesday and right now I am open to anything and I will do whatever it takes to live some kinda normal live again




    Writing in bold is info I got the mayoclinic.com

    1 comment:

    1. Praying you find some answers and some relief. ((Hugs))

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you so much for dropping by.....Please come back !!!