Wednesday, August 22, 2012

All alone in a world full of people

Hi friends Just thought I would drop by today and dazzle you all with my brilliance :)

I am feeling very lonely today ....It seems at this point in my life I have no idea where I fit in ...I know I have some really good friends all over the place and I'm very thankful for that but is this really the way life is suppose to be ....

I love Michael so much and he is my world but is that all ...... What is the definition of a happy life ....traveling around meeting a few true friends along the way knowing that distance make their being there a little difficult ......Sitting in a silent apartment day after day waiting for Michael to come home so I can actually speak out loud ....

Sure some days my sister or Mom  will call and I get to try out my out loud voice on the phone but to actually communicate with another face to face person it's Michael .....Don't get me wrong I love and cherish every second I spend with my best friend but when he is working I feel like I am the only person on the planet........

I guess things will change when I  hopefully start school in Sept and then get back to work in January ......Maybe I will be blessed with new friends and I can start building a life ...Time will tell ...

Of course you know me I googled "a happy life " and I think it is best summed up by what David Humes said.....

"Everyone has his or her own definition of happiness. However, if you want to live a happy life, then you may want to model people who are living a happy life and adopt their definition, which includes the following:
  • Wanting what you have; being grateful for things and appreciative of the people in your life
  • Having loving personal relationships; having a support group
  • Doing what you love for a living in environmentally responsible service to others
  • Living in the present moment, which means being fully engaged in what you’re doing and not being tormented by the past or anxious about the future
  • A deep sense of well being that comes from knowing you can handle whatever life brings to you
  • Being in truth with yourself and living your values, not someone else’s."


So I think I will try to work on these 6 things and maybe I won't feel so alone .........


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by.....Please come back !!!