Friday, July 27, 2012

Eleven years today

I had a very special anniversary today ....Eleven years ago on this date was when Michael came back from the US to Canada and we got our first place together in the very same apartment building we are living in today .....I will never forget that day ....I was at my aunt's apartment on the 6th floor when I saw his truck pull up outside....I was so excited to see him I didn't even have time for the elevator ....I took the stairs 2 at a time all the way down .......I jumped in his truck and we drove down to the lake where we had spent so much time when he had visited earlier and sat there on a bench and talked about our future and how happy we were to be together ....

I loved that man back then with all my heart and I thought I could never love him any more then I did that day but I do .....I didn't even know what love was ....I was living in a world where everything had to be the complete opposite of what my first marriage was and Michael was perfect ...He was someone who could make no mistakes and I was butterflies in my stomach in love with him .......

Well after a few months and a move for me to be with him down in the US, I discovered Michael wasn't perfect and life wasn't always butterflies and rainbows ......We hit a snag in our love story  and from that day on, I for the first time in my life figured out that being in love took a lot of effort and it was something you both had to work on daily ....So now the love I feel for this man is a more grown up love and it grows deeper everyday

Do I still have butterflies ummm not exactly ...What I feel now is so different....I know I have found my companion for the rest of my life ...My best friend ....My lover...Soul mate and someone that have given me a grown up relationship that I want to continue having forever

So today is 11 yrs ...We have more furniture now and we have added 2 cats and a lot of confidence gained and baggage lost ......Do I think we will make it .....HELL YAHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!

I want to share the poem I wrote for him on our wedding day ..........

Our Wedding Day
The day has finally arrived and I am standing by your side
You hold my hand in yours and we promise forever to abide
I look back in time and think about the first day that we met
From that first moment we both knew our destiny was set
I remember when you came my way I had given up on love
My heart was so bruised and fragile like a wounded dove
 You told me I was a princess and a journey we would start
And from that day a seed was planted deep inside my heart
Your gentle love was like no other I  had ever felt before
Soon I  knew I  had found what I was searching for
 Love that was unconditional and would always be gentle and kind
I knew if I searched another lifetime no greater love would I  find
So today as I look into your eyes as we both say I do
 I know its just another step in my wonderful journey with you
I love you sweet keeper of my heart and I promise you from this day
 My love for you will only grow stronger and forever with you I will stay

 © KB 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by.....Please come back !!!