Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm scared to say it outloud...shhhhhhhhhhhh

I made it through another week and well I'm almost scared to say but I do believe the small dose of estrogen I decided to take may be calming the savage beast that was set loose inside me ....

I so wanted to go through menopause without taking meds but the stress and hot flashes became unbearable so I decided to try a small dose of estrogen 0.3 mg  for 2 months and in that time hopefully I can adjust my diet and lifestyle so I can start a more natural way of easing through this transition of my life ...

I don't want this to be a terrible time and look at this as some kind of evil... I want to see this as a natural part of life and come out of it a more secure free woman with a better understanding of what I want for me and the courage to be truly me ...

Now believe me Menopause should never be thought of as a sailboat just slowly moving through a calm sea ...It is so far from that for some people myself included ....

So in the next 28 days (meds remaining) now that life is a lot calmer I have to earnestly work on a new way of life ...... below are a list of the things I will be trying to help me with menopause and maybe adopting a whole new healthier way of living and maybe even lose lbs while I'm doing it ....

1. Eating a more balanced diet of fruit, veggies and whole grains such as apples, nuts, watermelons strawberries,carrots, turnips and lots of greens....I'm also going to try and eat only whole grain bread and less pasta and potatoes.....Also just having one day when diet coke potato chips, sweets and candy bars are any part of my diet

2. My plans after checking with my doctor is to start taking 1200 mgs of Calcium,400 units of Vitamin E and 1200 mg of Vitamin C 

3. Last but not least the hardest one to do is to start some kind of exercise plan ...I am thinking about going out and buying some basic exercise DVD and try that or maybe use the wii fit that I have in the corner collecting dust
So hopefully I can meet all my goals and once the transition is over I can start the new phase of my life more secure, definitely healthier, maybe a little wiser,  hopefully calmer, and yes prayerfully a little skinnier  :~/


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this post and i love your writing, thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by.....Please come back !!!