Thursday, November 24, 2011

A New Beginning

So many things have happen since we last met and my life is changing so ....We will be moving to Canada right at the beginning of the new year and I am so happy ....I'm finally going back home and this time I get to take my wonderful Michael with me.......But not only are things happening on the outside but also on the inside....

I started reading the book The Power by Rhonda Byrne this week and it has touched me so much.....I read a book a few years ago called the Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield and I remember a couple of points that were made in the book ...One was.......

We must understand that all the day to day occurrences that we experience happen for a reason. We are beginning to see messages in the happenings around us which lead us to a higher meaning

 and the other was ....

We are all messengers for each other and these messages come in the form of coincidences. It is up to each of us to ferret out the message when it presents itself. The message usually gets our attention in the form of a coincidence. Sometimes, the message won't be so obvious, other times, it will be crystal clear.....


Well from the day I read that I always tried to live my life in a way that there were no coincidences ...I believed that everyone I met was there to give me a message for my life journey ....I found little messages of hope and inspiration in the books I read and from even brief encounters I had with people...Sometimes I didn't get the message but then I discovered that maybe the message wasn't from them to me but from me to them and that made me so happy ....

From the day I met Mike and he asked me to join him on a journey that would last forever I looked at my life as a story well this week from reading the book The Power I have discovered that we should never keep things that we don't love in our story...If it was something that caused us pain or made us sad we should just let it go ....The quote from The Power went as follows........

"Let go of the things you don't love about your childhood, and keep the things you love. Let go of the things you don't love about your adolescent and adult years, and keep the good things. Just keep the things you love about your whole life." ....

After I had read that I remembered that I had wrote a poem a few years back about letting go but I was so busy playing the victim I had forgotten about it...I had never hesitated to tell people that I had been a victim of abuse and Mike was always listening to stories of my terrible past but I do believe that we all should be confident enough with our partner,friend or our self that we can always share good times with each other even if it was in a life before them.....No matter how bad our past was there are always some good or funny memories ..So focus on them and be happy that's my new way of thinking........ Here is the poem I wrote I hope you enjoy

.

Leaving The Past Behind
There is a closed door in my mind one that stands for a past of hurt and pain
I have locked it tight and walked away there is nothing inside there for me to gain
It was all a part of a life that seems so far away now from my healing soul
There is nothing behind that faded door only memories that always left me cold
There comes a time in all our lives when a door we have to close and walk away
Because in our heart we all know outside that door of misery there is a better day
Why continue living in a past that hurt us so and added years to our young life
How can we find true happiness if we refuse to let go of all the pain and strife
 
We can't continue going back and opening the door and reliving each day of abuse
If we are true survivors we must seal the door forever and never let it be jarred loose
We must reach the point in our healing where we have finally let all of our hurt go
We need to say enough is enough I refuse to let my past rule my future so
How can we repair our broken wings behind a door that holds us prisoners in our past
If we are to fly we must first step outside and shut the door and feel free at last
The world is such a wonderful place and yes even for us there is a special day
So please be brave my friend and forget the door and for once just walk away
©2008 KB


So my wonderful friends until we meet again please be happy and safe and watch for your messages and be careful what messages you share with others .....I will be away for the next few weeks because with moving it's going to be rather crazy but please don't forget me and drop back from time to time to visit




1 comment:

  1. Wow Deep deep deep but so true....We so easy forget the happy times while drowning in self pity..Thanks Sissypoo for being my first messengers of the day....I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by.....Please come back !!!