Friday, October 7, 2011

Re-Inventing Myself

So I get back from vacation and we get great news concerning our future and I made another decision to change something about myself that has been bothering me for a long time .........I gave up smoking 2 yrs ago because I worked in an hospital as a Nursing Assistant and I didn't want to end up like some of the patients I had to work with .....I saw grown men gasping for air and scared that it would be their last breath....I sat with people who were dying and watched their breathing as they went through the different stages of breathing as they were passing away .....It was then I realized how important it was to breathe and I surely didn't want to have to struggle to breathe so I quit cool turkey and from that day to now almost 2 yrs later I have not had any great desire to smoke ....Well now I see myself struggling a little to breathe and it's getting worst each day ....I find it hard to walk any distance.....My clothes are all shrinking :)....I am what the professionals call obese and I hate it ....So I went out and got a treadmill now this monstrous thing is set up in my living room and there is a million things I would rather do but I have committed myself to a daily walk on that thing ....I know I have to start slow so I'm doing 15 mins at 2 mph and surprise surprise it didn't kill me and now I even talk myself out of eating a cookie because this treadmill tells me how many calories I burn while walking and I don't want to walk and burn then eat and gain back :)........So just as determined as I was to give up smoking I am determined to lose this weight and get in shape ......I'm kinda excited and I'm even starting to like my monstrous machine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by.....Please come back !!!