Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Home

Hi everyone
I'm feeling a little homesick today so I thought I would share my poem about the wonderful place where I grew up.......I came from an island in the North Atlantic ocean called Newfoundland and it's one of the most beautiful places on earth ...I have found out that you can leave this beautiful island but it never leaves you ...Please enjoy my poem

Newfoundland
I was raised on an island in the middle of the sea
And that island will always be sweet home to me
I could never forget her or stray far from her door
The wind in the trees and the waves on the shore

To sit on her beaches and gaze at the stars and moon
Be awaken in the morning by the cries of the loon
A quiet walk in the woods when you needed to get away
Its there you would find strength for another new day

To watch the sun rise each morning over the sea
These memories will never ever leave me
I cannot explain how this island captures your heart
But once you have seen her beauty the love for her starts

The longing I feel when Im away from my home
I cannot explain it but I feel so sad and alone
So this is my way of saying Thank You Newfoundland
For letting me share the beauty created by God's Hand

© 2008 Kat Bair


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by.....Please come back !!!